Kalevala posture alignment therapy
Traditional Finnish method for postural alignment
Kalevala Posture Alignment Therapy, in Finnish kalevalainen jäsenkorjaus, is a traditional Finnish mobilisation treatment. The aim of the treatment is to restore the natural alignment of the body by gently mobilising the joints and releasing the fascia.
The technique is based on practical knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, and strong palpation skills of the therapist. The method is gentle yet effective. Visible signs of change can usually be detected already after the first session. No force is used, and the treatment is pain free.
The human body is a structural and functional entity. Therefore the Kalevala posture alignment therapy is a whole-body method. The treatment starts from the soles of the feet and ends at the top of the head. One session takes from 90 up to 120 minutes.
This is a profound and pain free treatment suitable for nearly anyone.
- different length of the lower limbs, knee pain, hip pain
- misaligned joint structures
- frozen hip
- pain in the lumbar spine (f. ex. sciatic nerve pain or similar), incorrect function of the SI joint, sacrum, pelvis
- frozen shoulder
- thoracic outlet syndrome
- tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome
- dizziness, headaches, migraines
- tension neck, facial pains, facial paralysis
- infertility caused by skeletal misalignment
- infantile colic
- an upcoming surgery or conditions after surgery
Active cancer, severe heart condition, severe osteoporosis, fresh bone fractures, wounds and infections in the skin, fresh spinal disc herniation (the vertebrae will not be mobilized), hemophilia and spondylolisthesis (slippage of a vertebrae) are contraindicated.
Please check from your medical doctor when it is safe to receive a mobilisation treatment after the cancer treatments have finished!
Good to know before the treatment:
- drink water before and after the treatment
- please cancel the session if you’re having symptoms of flue or have fever
- there should be at least a week in between different kinds of treatments, f.ex. osteopathy, chiropractic, and the bone setting treatment
- a treatment session takes from 90 to 120 minutes (a short interview included)
- usually already one session is helpful, but 3-5 sessions may be needed to find and remove the root cause of imbalance
- if you’re on pain medication, please don’t take it before the treatment, if possible
- you should avoid heavy exercise and sauna for 3-5 days after the treatment
- please mention if you’re pregnant or breast feeding when booking s session
- you are warmly welcome!
phone + 358 400 265596
Saariniemenkatu 4, 00530 Helsinki
Prices (VAT 24% incl.):
Unemployed, students 95€